visitors this week

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Hawaiian Haystacks

This recipe is one I got from my Aunt Camille when I went off to college. I had never had Hawaiian haystacks before then. On the Lanier side of the family it is a tradition to have this for dinner each General Conference Sunday. It is an easy meal to prepare for a crowd.

1 Chicken breast cooked and shredded
1 Can cream of chicken soup
1 C. chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste

Mix together in saucepan and let simmer for 5 minutes.

Serve over rice and then add desired toppings.

Toppings: olives, tomatoes, green onions, cheese, celery, carrots, sunflower seed kernels, roasted almonds, pineapple, coconut, and chow mein or rice noodles (used in picture- they are smaller and crispier than the crunchy chow mein noodles)


If using a pint of canned chicken- don't drain the broth. Add 2 cans Cream of Chicken soup and about 1 cup of milk.

1 comment:

Ryan, Becca, Brinley Boo AND Casen too! said...

Oh yum! Like the new picture! :) I was looking for dinner ideas and this will be perfect!