visitors this week

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Fondant!


This fondant recipe is from my friend Lyndsie Field. I thought I'd give it a try for Laurie's birthday cake. It worked really well. The worst part was working in the food coloring (it took a while!). When you roll it out just sprinkle the table with powdered sugar.
There are so many possibilities with fondant!

the easiest & probably best tasting fondant recipe:

1 (2 lb.) bag powdered sugar
1 bag of mini marshmallows
2 Tbsp. water
crisco

*put marshmallows & water in a large microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until the marshmallows are smooth with no lumps. (stir between each microwave session)

*then gradually add powdered sugar. once it is workable (not super sticky, pour it onto the remaining powdered sugar. (you may want to grease your counter top & hands with crisco to prevent sticking.) knead it until it is the consistency you want. you'll end up using most of, but not all of the powdered sugar. :)

This recipe was enough for a lot more than I used for this cake. I could have halved it.

No comments: