
|
|
| This is a recipe I saw on Lyndsie Field's blog. When I decided to make it I didn't have all of the ingredients. So I used what I had. The jicama is a must in my opinion. I also added cucumbers, olives and green onions. I topped it with a chicken breast cooked in a little bit of sesame oil. The Honey-Lime dressing is awesome. Can be served with ranch dressing. SALAD: |
| 2½ cups |
| chopped romaine lettuce |
| 15.5 oz |
| can black beans, rinsed and well-drained |
| ¾ cup |
| chopped seeded tomato |
| ¾ cup |
| chopped peeled jicama |
| ¾ cup |
| fresh corn kernels, uncooked (or use frozen or canned) |
| ¾ cup |
| thinly sliced radishes |
| 1 large |
| avocado, diced |
| 1 large |
| red bell pepper, chopped |
| ¼ cup |
| crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese (optional...I used mozzerella) |
|
|
| HONEY- LIME DRESSING: |
| ¼ cup |
| fresh lime juice |
| 2 Tbs |
| olive oil |
| 2 Tbs |
| honey |
| 2 Tbs |
| finely chopped fresh cilantro (or more to taste) |
| 1 clove |
| garlic, peeled and minced (I used a garlic press) |
| 1 tsp |
| chopped jalapeño pepper (use canned for less heat) |
No comments:
Post a Comment