I found Becca's recipe for fried rice and modified it a little. Joe loved it. He said it was the best fried rice he has ever had. So- I thought I had better write down the recipe :)
6 green onions (slice at a diagonal the entire onion- green and white)
3 eggs (discard two egg yolks before whisking them with a fork)
Sesame oil
Canola oil
Soy Sauce
3 Cups cold rice ( I cooked mine and then stuck 3 cups in the freezer for a little while)
Salt & pepper
1 C. peas
2 carrots julienned
Slice green onions, set aside. Heat 1 tsp. sesame and 1 Tbs. canola oil in a stir-fry skillet. Pour in beaten eggs. Add 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste. Cook until eggs are lightly scrambled. Remove eggs from skillet. Heat 1 Tbs. Canola and 1 Tbs. Sesame Oil in skillet. Add rice. Break rice up using a wooden spoon. Stir around for a few minutes on high heat and sprinkle 2-3 Tbs. soy sauce over the rice. Turn heat to medium and add eggs, green onions, carrots and peas. Stir fry for a few minutes and then shut off heat. We had this with egg rolls and it was delicious.

No comments:
Post a Comment