visitors this week

Monday, December 27, 2010

Peppermint Oreos!

These are So Yummy!

I saw a recipe for these homemade peppermint oreos online. I wanted to make them but didn't get around to it before Christmas. So- when my sister-in-law Katie made them at our family reunion, I snatched a picture. Here is my version of the homemade oreo cookies. Just roll in crushed candy canes when you are done.

This recipe came from our friend Laurie Van Tassel when we lived in Woodruff, UT.

2 Devil's Food cake mixes
2 eggs
1/2 C. canola oil
1/2 C. water
Blend in mixer. Roll into small balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 350˚ for 8-9 minutes.

Cream Filling
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese softened
4 Tbs. butter
1 tsp. Peppermint Extract
Powdered sugar (add until you reach the desired consistency-about 2-3 cups)
Mix on high speed until smooth.

Fill cooled cookies.
Makes 41/2 dozen frosted cookies. They will go fast!!

No comments: