visitors this week

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Chicken Lasagna


Joe's Aunt Denise made this lasagna while we were visiting their family in Logan, Utah. I loved it and so she shared the recipe.

Sauce: combine in saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes
2 (14 oz.) Cans Diced Italian Tomatoes
8 oz can tomato sauce
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
4 oz. mushrooms

In bowl: mix together
2 Chicken Breasts (or equivalent) cooked and diced
8 oz cottage cheese
2 Tbs. sour cream
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
8 oz mozzarella cheese
1/4 C. parmesan cheese
3 eggs

Cook 16 lasagna noodles.
In 9x13 pan layer noodles, red sauce, cheese mixture; repeat. Add additional mozzarella cheese in top if you have enough. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. I usually split this into two 8x8 pans and freeze one of them without baking it. I line the pan with sprayed tin foil, and once it is frozen I remove the foil and put it in a ziploc freezer bag.

No comments: