

This is the first time I remember making Indian Fry Bread. It's not as hard as I thought. I halved the recipe for our family. Andelin helped roll the dough. Serve extra fry bread with honey for dessert.Fry Bread:
2 C. Scalded milk
4 Tbl. sugar
2 tsp. salt
1 Tbl. yeast- dissolved in 1/2 C warm water
5 C. flour
Cool milk. Add sugar, salt and yeast mixure. Add flour to make soft but not sticky dough. Knead about 5 min. Let dough rise until doubled. Roll out and cut in squares, then press flat with hands. Fry in oil at 375˚. Set on plate with paper towel to soak excess oil.
Top with chili, lettuce, cheese, green onions, etc.
Chili: Make your favorite recipe.
I made a chili with what I had...
1/2 lb. Elk stew meat (browned in olive oil)
1 can Red Kidney Beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 onion chopped
1 clove garlic (crushed)
Chili powder, cumin, garlic salt and pepper to taste (maybe someday I will measure it!)
No comments:
Post a Comment