visitors this week

Monday, February 9, 2009

Maple Apple Pork Chops

I got this recipe from Joe's Mom. She uses pork tenderloin. I remembered the recipe, but had pork chops out for that night. So I modified it a little and it turned out delicious! Really, really yummy!

1 1/2 lb Pork Chops with or without bones
1/3 C. McCormick's French Onion, Pepper & Herb Crusting Blend (can use seasoned bread crumbs)
2 Tbl. Olive Oil
2-3 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
1/2 C. apple Jelly (can substitute with 2 C. apple juice- then omit the water)
3/4 C. water
1/4 tsp. maple flavoring + 1/4 C. water (original recipe calls for 1/4 C. pure maple syrup- use whichever you have)
1 Tbl. prepared mustard

Coat pork chips with Crusting Blend. In a large skillet, cook pork in oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side. Add the apples, jelly and water; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until apples are tender. Combine the maple flavor, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over pork mixture. Cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until heated through.

Serve with salad or over rice.

No comments: