visitors this week

Friday, February 27, 2009

Asian Noodle Salad

This recipe is adapted from a Pioneer Woman's recipe. I tried it even though I didn't have bell peppers or cilantro. I served grilled chicken breasts on the side and we ended up breaking that up to eat with the salad. It is delicious- and I'm sure even better with cilantro! It would look much prettier with the added color- check out the Pioneer Woman's site for step by step instructions....and much better pictures!

SALAD INGREDIENTS:

6 oz. packages linguine noodles, cooked, rinsed, and cooled

1/2 head sliced Napa cabbage
1/2 head sliced purple cabbage ( I didn't use any in this photo)
1/2 to 1 bag baby spinach
1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
3 green onions sliced (including green)
1 peeled, sliced cucumber
1/2 bunch chopped cilantro
1/2 C. Cashews & 1 Tbs. Sesame seeds lightly toasted in skillet

DRESSING:

Juice of 1 lime
4 Tbs. olive oil
2 Tbs. sesame oil
3 Tbs. soy sauce
3 Tbs. brown sugar
2 Tbs. fresh ginger, chopped
1 clove chopped garlic
1 jalapenos, (seeded & chopped)
More chopped cilantro

Mix together salad ingredients. Whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over salad. Mix with tongs or hands and serve on platter.
Enjoy!

No comments: